Louisiana Federation of Music Clubs
Awards are for ages 19 - 25.
NFMC Awards are $3,000 for
national winners in each category.
Application deadline is
January 15, odd years.
1. The NFMC Biennial Student
Awards are given in odd-numbered year in thirteen
2. Each entrant must be a
member of NFMC either through student organization
membership or as an Individual Student Special Member. LFMC generously pays the dues
of entrants. Please check "I hereby apply for
Student/Collegiate individual membership" box on ST 1-5
Application, but do not include dues check.
3. State winners go directly to
4. Entrants must have reached
the 19th but not the 26th birthday by the Application
Deadline (January 15) of the audition year.
5. Entrants cannot compete in
the Student/Collegiate and the Young Artist competitions
in the same year.
6. A copy of the applicant's
birth certificate is no longer required.
7. A candidate may enter the
auditions in his/her home state or in the state where
he/she is studying.
8. NFMC First Place
Student/Collegiate Audition winners are ineligible.
9. The state student/collegiate
auditions chairman should not be the NFMC Regional Vice
President. Students of artist advisers and officers of
NFMC may enter the auditions
10. The competition entry fee
is $30. No refunds will be made. The entrant must pay this
fee. (Many colleges in Louisiana will pay this
competition fee for the student. Entrant should
inquire at their college to see if their college does
this. Regardless, this fee must accompany the
11. No substitutions or changes
can be made in the student program after the National
Chairman has approved the submitted repertoire.
12. Auditions will be by CD. The CD and the certification letter (ST 1-15) are due postmarked by February 15. Please note the following specifications for the CD.
1. The CD must be of professional quality, playable on an audio player and not solely on a computer.
8. The CD will be returned if Entrant provides a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
DEADLINE is January 15, odd years.
CD DEADLINE is Postmarked
To apply, contact LFMC
Student/Collegiate Division Chairman Ken Nelson. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Edith Killgore Kirkpatrick
Student Awards are up to $400 awards given in odd
years to the winners of the state Student/Collegiate
Auditions. Deadline is
OTHER LFMC STUDENT/COLLEGIATE AWARDS:
For more information, contact LFMC Student/Collegiate Division Chairman Ken Nelson. email@example.com